red wine braised lamb shanks (see recipe July 4th posting)
1 lb russet potatoes
3 egg yolks
freshly cracked black pepper
1. prepare the braised lamb shanks.
2. bake the russet potatoes on a baking tray lined with kosher salt. when potatoes baked, scoop out the insides. grate potatoes either using a potato ricer and any grater will do.
3. add the egg yolks, parmesan, sea salt and cracked black pepper to taste to the grated potatoes. mix well. slowly incorporate some flour into the potato mixture using a folding method until the potato "dough" hold well together without sticking to your hands.
4. roll out the potato dough and make gnocchi. (you can look it up on youtube if you need a visual.)
5. heat up a large pot of salted boiling water. while the water is heating, remove lamb shanks from the sauce and reduce the red wine sauce further to a thick gravy consistency. shred off the lamb meat with tongs and return to the sauce.
6. cook the gnocchi for about 1-2 minutes until they float to the top. drain gnocchi and lightly toss in the lamb sauce. garnish with fresh parsley and serve immediately.