August 30, 2011
quinoa vegetable soup
beef marrow bones
yukon gold potato
baby portabello mushrooms
freshly cracked black pepper
red chili flake (optional)
1. boil all the soup bones with veal stock and water. lightly season with salt and black pepper.
2. cook the quinoa in the rice cooker the same way you would cook rice. use chicken broth instead of water.
3. prepare your mise en place. chop the garlic, onions, carrots, celery ribs, mushrooms, roma tomatoes, and kale. cut the kernels off the corn and dice the potatoes into chunks.
3. remove the bones from the stock. add in all the vegetables except for the kale. season with salt, black pepper, and some tomato paste. (chili flake optional if you like spice)
4. remove the meat from the pork and beef bones, especially the tendons attached to the beef bones. chop up the meat and add it into the vegetable soup. discard the chicken bones.
5. cook the soup until all the ingredients have time to develop flavor. season with salt and black pepper to taste. cook the kale for a minute or two in the soup before serving.
1. put some quinoa in the bottom of a bowl. ladle soup over quinoa and finish with a few grinds of black pepper. serve immediately.
Posted by JT at 12:47 AM