razor clams in tin
baby razor clams in tin
anchovy fillets in olive oil
red chili flake
freshly cracked black pepper
1. in a large pot, boil water for pasta. add a handful of kosher salt.
2. heat up a drizzle of olive oil in a medium saucepan. meanwhile, julienne onion, finely mince garlic, chop parsley, and set aside. when oil is hot, saute onions and red chili flakes with a few anchovy fillets until the anchovy is broken down. (taste your anchovy first, if it's super salty, don't add as many. I got mine from Spain, they are not as salty, with a deep nutty flavor, so I used about 5 fillets to one onion.)
3. when onions are translucent, add in minced garlic, and saute for one minute.
4. then add the razor clams with the clam juice, butter, and white wine. cook until alcohol from wine has evaporated.
5. using tongs, toss al dente linguini into the pan with the clams and sauce, and finish cooking the pasta in the sauce. season to taste with freshly cracked black pepper and sea salt if needed. squeeze some lemon, garnish with parsley and serve immediately.