yes, yes, i know the word "giblet" sounds funny. giblet ravioli. it's good! this is a great recipe to use up any leftovers from the previous recipe and change it into something different.
liver sauce, reduced so there's no more liquid (see previous recipe)
green pasta sheets (see previous recipe)
canned roma tomatoes
1 can marinara sauce
red chili flakes
extra virgin olive oil
freshly cracked black pepper
1. roll out a green pasta sheet and brush egg wash over the sheet. make raviolis by spooning a bit of the liver mixture about an inch and a half apart and top the liver filling with another pasta sheet. press firmly around the edges and cut raviolis out. i just used a glass tumbler upside down like a cookie cutter to cut the ravioli. you're welcome to use a ravioli cutter, pizza cutter, whatever works. set aside.
2. in a large pan, heat up the extra virgin olive oil and saute garlic with some red chili flakes. then add in the remaining chicken liver mixture and saute over high heat for 3 minutes or so.
3. deglaze the pan with white wine. stir sauce.
4. add the marinara to the sauce and then using your hands, crush the roma tomatoes and add to the sauce. let the sauce simmer over medium heat for 20 minutes. season to taste with salt, cracked black pepper, and a pinch of sugar.
5. cook raviolis in a large pot of salted boiling water. meanwhile, fold the arugula into the tomato sauce.
to plate: carefully place some ravioli in the center of a white plate. top raviolis with some of the tomato sauce and drizzle with white truffle oil. top with some parmesan cheese if desired. serve immediately.
the picture above shows the ravioli cut so you can see the filling.