whole chicken (preferably organic)
extra virgin olive oil
freshly cracked black pepper
1. preheat oven to 475 degrees. season chicken cavity with salt and cracked black pepper. stuff with some lemon wedges, thyme, and garlic cloves.
2. season the chicken with salt and cracked black pepper on the outside and top with a few dabs of butter. place in ovenproof dish and set aside.
3. toss the baby carrots in another ovenproof dish with some extra virgin olive oil and season with salt and cracked black pepper. add in some chicken stock and a splash of white wine. sprinkle with thyme leaves and top with a few dabs of butter.
4. roast chicken and carrots at 475 degrees for 20 minutes then continue roasting at 400 degrees for another 40-50 minutes, depending on the size of the chicken.
5. when the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 170 degrees, it's done. let it rest for 15 minutes under some tinfoil before serving.