bacon (preferably applewood)
eggs (buy pastured if possible!)
fine sea salt
*you can make this with mostly egg whites too for the health conscious; instead of using bacon, you can just use extra virgin olive oil
1. peel then cube potatoes and cook in salted boiling water. set aside.
2. trim kale and blanch in salted boiling water. set aside. when cooled, squeeze out extra liquid and chop.
3. slice onions and mince garlic.
3. whisk eggs with a bit of water and season with sea salt, freshly cracked black pepper, and cayenne pepper.
4. render bacon in a le creuset braising pan (or regular cast iron will work) over medium low heat.
5. saute onions in bacon fat, add garlic, kale, potatoes. season as you go.
6. stir in egg mixture and cook for a bit.
7. bake uncovered in a 375 degree oven until eggs are set. broil for a minute or so if you want to brown the top. serve with extra cayenne on the side/ tabasco/ ketchup if preferred.