yellowfin tuna tartare, avocado, shrimp chip, black tobiko
shrimp chips (the kind you fry yourself at home)
fine sea salt
1. brunoise avocado, squeeze lemon to prevent oxidation, and season with fine sea salt to taste. refrigerate.
2. in a bowl, whisk together light soy, ponzu, honey, splash of sake, sesame oil, and squeeze of fresh lime. refrigerate.
3. dice yellowfun tuna into 1 cm x 1cm chunks, lightly toss with grapeseed oil (this prevents tuna from turning grayish) and season with fine sea salt. refrigerate.
4. in a small pot, heat up oil for frying shrimp chips.
5. cut the chives. (you can do so by snipping the bunch with kitchen shears if you don't want to use a knife.)
6. fry shrimp chips, crumble, and set aside.
using a ring mold, spoon one layer of avocado onto a plate. sprinkle shichimi on top of avocado then top with the tuna. sprinkle chives and shrimp chips on top of tuna and garnish with black tobiko. remove ring mold. gently spoon sauce around the plated tuna tartare and serve immediately.