June 26, 2011
salmon belly amuse bouche, sujiki, fried thai basil, lemongrass oil
sashimi grade salmon belly
sujiki- fresh salmon roe marinaded quickly in sake and soy sauce (or ikura will do)
1. using a mortar and pestle - if you don't have one, use a bowl and the end of a rolling pin - mash up
chopped lemon grass stalk. marinade lemongrass mashings in grapeseed oil and set aside.
2. heat up oil in a small saucepan. fry basil leaves one by one and set aside. careful- the oil really pops when you do this so have an oil mesh screen available.
3. slice salmon into 1 cm thick slices. strain lemongrass oil.
1. get your mise en place ready: salmon, sujiki, fried thai basil, lemongrass oil, lime ponzu, and shichimi.
2. place salmon on a plate. top with some sujiki, then top with fried basil leaf. spoon lime ponzu around
each salmon piece and lightly drizzle lemongrass oil over it. sprinkle with a light dusting of the shichimi
and serve immediately.
Posted by JT at 1:33 AM