wagyu beef- buy the super marbled
sushi rice- see recipe in "sujiki, uni, sushi rice" post
shabu shabu sauce
fine sea salt
freshly cracked black pepper
1. drizzle maitake mushrooms with olive oil, toss with salt and cracked black pepper. place on grill. you
want it to be slightly charred for a nice smoky flavor.
2. make sushi rice into nigiri. you can always look at youtube to leanr how to make nigiri. practice makes
perfect. top nigiri with slices of the marbled wagyu.
3. thinly slice scallion tips and meyer lemon for garnish. mix half parts shabu shabu sauce and ponzu together.
4. torch the top of the beef until the top is slightly charred but still a bit rare underneath. season with fine sea
salt and garnish with scallions.
5. plating: place grilled maitake mushrooms on the side of a white plate. garnish mushrooms with a slice of
meyer lemon. place wagyu nigiri next to mushrooms and top beef with shabu/ponzu sauce. serve