June 27, 2011
crab and shrimp vermicelli, roma tomato, roe filled fish balls, thai basil
crab paste in soy bean oil
shrimp paste in soy bean oil
fish balls with roe - you can buy them at ranch 99
roma tomatoes, cubed
fine sea salt
1. in a big soup pot, heat up chicken broth and cubed tomatoes to a boil.
2. beat 2-3 eggs in a bowl and add two huge spoonfuls of both the crab and shrimp paste. mix together.
3. when the chicken broth is boiling, slowly pour in egg/crab/shrimp mixture. after egg mixture comes together and is cooked in the broth, throw in the fish balls and reduce heat to a medium flame. season with salt.
4. heat up another pot of salted water and cook vermicelli noodles.
5. prepare side accompaniments. blanch the bean sprouts, cut lemon wedges, pick basil leaves, chope the cilantro, and slice the scallions.
6. when noodles are cooked, put a moundful in the bottom of a bowl. top with hot soup and garnish with side accompaniments. serve immediately.
*you can dip with fish balls in hoisin sauce and siracha. it's reallllly good.
Posted by JT at 10:39 PM